Last Updated on 26-6- 2023 | International Drug Abuse Day 2023: International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking 2023: The United Nations celebrates this day every year to strengthen the efforts made to save and get people out of drugs.
International Day against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking is celebrated every year on 26 June in the world, so that more and more people in the world are addicted to drug addiction and its consequences. to be saved from death. The purpose of celebrating this day is to share research, data, and facts with people around the world so that the lives of people who are addicted to drugs can be saved. The United Nations itself organizes many activities on this day to create awareness among the people.
Table of Contents
International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking 2023: Significance
International Drug Abuse Day 2023 (De-addiction/Prevention) Day is also an opportunity for activists, doctors, and organizations and governments around the world to show unity to help people who are addicted to drug abuse. . Experts believe that cooperation plays an important role in dealing with this challenge.
International Drug Abuse Day: United Nations perspective
The United Nations perspective on Drugs and Crime (UNODC), the United Nations’ branch dealing with drug and related crime, also says that only by working together can we tackle the problem of drug addiction. Even during the Kovid-19 epidemic, we have got the same education that together any problem or disaster can be dealt with. Experts say that community and family support plays an important role in helping people prone to addiction.
International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking: Date & History
The General Assembly of the United Nations on 7 December 1987 decided to celebrate 26 June as International Day for the Prohibition of Drug Abuse (De-addiction / Prevention) in an effort to make the society free from the dangers of drugs and in an effort to create global unity. The day is also noted for Lin Zexue’s strategic attempt to sabotage the opium trade just before the First Opium War in Huimen, Guangdong, China.
International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking 2023: Theme
The United Nations has kept ‘Addressing drug challenges in health and humanitarian crises‘ for the year 2023 for the International Day of Drug Abuse (De-addiction / Prevention). People in India need to share this message. Drug trade is becoming very harmful to many countries of the world including India.
Worldwide Increased Drug Uses
According to UNDC’s 2023 World Drug Report, 275 million people in the world took drugs last year. 36 million people were suffering from drug addiction. The use of cannabis has increased during the pandemic in many countries. In the same period, there have been reports of increasing non-medical use of pharmaceutical drugs. The epidemic did not make any difference to smuggling About 1.1 crore people have taken drugs by injection. Half of these people had hepatitis C.
Drugs like opium continue to contribute to addiction disorders. There was some difference in the beginning of the Kovid-19 epidemic, but soon after that the drug market started working. The size and quantity of drug trafficking has been increasing. The use of private planes for drug smuggling is increasing.
International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking: Quotes
Seeing our elder is crying, today the youth is breaking the intoxication.
Don’t turn your back on good work. Quit the habit of drugs.
Do you think drugs will only affect you? Wrong thing, you will give up on all the people who love and care about you and want the best for you.
It’s not cold under the influence of drugs, it makes you act like a fool.
- Generosity from drugs and pride in drugs, brother stay away from them, your welfare will not happen.
- Medicines bring so many negative feelings and effects into your life. It’s a clever anti-drug idea linked to addiction.
- Drugs are the pain of a lifetime. Drugs are the pain of society. The pain is mixed in drugs. That’s why stay away from drugs.
- Some may think that abusing prescription drugs is not dangerous, but this is quite the opposite of the truth. It is very addictive and dangerous for your health.
- Don’t put yourself in a hopeless state, stay away from drugs.
- Drugs lead you down the path of addiction, misery, deteriorating health and death. So make the right choice. Live your life to the fullest, don’t stop taking drugs.
- If you have big dreams, don’t let drugs get in your way. Choose your path, don’t let drugs change your path.
- People want to increase their senses by consuming drugs, but do not forget that drugs will cause cancer
- The habit of drugs, that is, feasting on cancer.
International Day Against Drug Abuse and Illicit Trafficking: Messages
- Quitting drugs is the easiest thing in the world. I know because I’ve done this a thousand times. ~ Mark Twain
- Drugs are a dirty habit like the statement I am devoted to. – Carolyn Helbrun
- It is not a good habit, you recognize it, drugs are deadly, know this thing !! Saffron is not the power of cancer, but my friend, leave this grief, accept it !! ~ Kumar Ravi Hind
- Whoever is addicted to drugs, he has made the plight of his precious life.
- You will eat drugs and drink alcohol, tell friends how you will raise your family and you will develop yourself.
- Poverty comes from drinking alcohol and diseases due to drugs, don’t stay away from them, show friend.