Last Updated on 7 June 2023, 6:16 PM IST | New Delhi, International Yoga Day 2023: The International Day of Yoga is noticed worldwide on June 21 consistently, it was started by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. One of the uncommon motivations to hold this day on June 21 is that this date is the longest day in the Northern Hemisphere along these lines; it’s anything but a particular importance. Read in Details about International Yoga Day 2023 Date: Theme, History, Quotes, Slogan.
On December 11, 2014, India’s Permanent Representative Ashok Mukherjee presented the draft goal in the United General Assembly and it got enormous help from 177 Member States and was received as an uncommon day. On December 11, 2014, the United Nations broadcasted June 21 as International Day of Yoga by goal 69/131.
Table of Contents
Pm Modi Launches M-Yoga App on Yoga Day 2023 India
Announcing the launch of the M-Yoga App, PM Modi on Monday said, “Now there will be an app which will have yoga training videos in different languages for people across the world. This will help us in our ‘One World, One Health’ motto,”
International Yoga Day Date
Yoga gets from Sanskrit, the importance of this is to join or to join together. Yoga is the association of body and cognizance, this keeps a decent way of life in everyday life. The principal International Day of Yoga was noticed worldwide on June 15, 2015. The service of Ayush, India, coordinated a program in which dignitaries of 84 countries alongside PM Modi partook. Complete 35,985 individuals at Rajghat, New Delhi performed 21 yoga presents. The meet was the biggest yoga class.
International Yoga Day 2023 Themes
At the point when the entire world has been experiencing the pandemic, yoga is giving beams of desire to remain loose and fit to individuals. The subject of International Day of Yoga this year, 2023 is ”Humanity‘. Psycho-social consideration has a huge task to carry out in yoga during the hour of the pandemic.
The COVID-19 patients in isolation and disengagement have seen sorrow and other mental issues. Accordingly, yoga for Well-Being is a proper subject that spotlights the commitment of this active work for comprehensive wellbeing of each person. Additionally, with great invulnerability, one’s body can battle with infection and get shielded from sickness. Distinctive yoga stances help in expanding resistance.
List of International Yoga Day Previous Themes
- International Yoga Day 2015- – Yoga for Harmony and Peace.
- International Yoga Day 2016- – Connect the Youth
- International Yoga Day 2017- – Yoga for Health
- International Yoga Day 2018- – Yoga for Peace
- International Yoga Day 2019- – Yoga for Heart
- International Yoga Day 2020- – Yoga at Home and Yoga with Family Clos
- International Yoga Day 2022- – Yoga for Humanity
- International Yoga Day 2023- – Humanity
Worldwide Yoga Day on June 21: UN says yoga can assist with Covid-19 nervousness
2023 International Day of Yoga, to be seen on Monday one week from now (June 21), conveys the subject “Yoga for prosperity”, much significant for our occasions in a general public actually recuperating from the effect of the Covid illness (Covid-19) pandemic.
Worldwide Yoga Day is noticed each year on June 21, as ordered by the United Nations, to feature the significance of the training – characterized as “physical, mental, and profound” simultaneously – in assisting individuals with driving a better way of life. The day is set apart to bring issues to light of the numerous advantages of Yoga, as it keeps on filling in prevalence across the world and is rehearsed in its different structures. This year, the International Day of Yoga is putting its attention on prosperity past the prompt effect on actual wellbeing.
International Yoga Day Significance
International Day of Yoga, to be seen on Monday one week from now (June 21), conveys the subject “Yoga for prosperity”, much applicable for our occasions in a general public actually recuperating from the effect of the Covid sickness (Covid-19) pandemic.
The Covid-19 predicament was not simply an actual emergency, it additionally left enduring effects on emotional well-being, with numerous left in mental misery, melancholy, and uneasiness managing the pandemic-required limitations and misfortune. Yoga can go to the assistance of individuals managing such emergencies, the United Nations clarified on its site since the message of the training is to advance both physical and emotional well-being.
“A developing pattern of individuals all throughout the planet accepting Yoga to remain sound and restored and to battle social detachment and wretchedness has been seen during the pandemic. Yoga is additionally assuming a huge part in the psycho-social consideration and restoration of Covid-19 patients in isolate and separation. It is especially useful in alleviating their feelings of trepidation and tension,” read the United Nations explanation.
The United Nations has been offering Yoga to it’s anything but a way to manage physical and emotional wellness emergencies during the Covid-19 pandemic. The World Health Organization (WHO) has likewise prescribed Yoga as intends to improve wellbeing. Its different advantages incorporate expanded adaptability, wellness, care, and unwinding.
International Yoga Day: Origins
The thought for an UN-commanded International Day of Yoga was first proposed by Prime Minister Narendra Modi during his discourse at the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) in 2014. In his discourse, Prime Minister Modi considered Yoga an “priceless endowment of India’s antiquated custom” and required the “agreement among man and nature” through Yoga. This drive was upheld by upwards of 177 countries, the most noteworthy number of co-supports ever for any UNGA Resolution of such nature.
Following Prime Minister Modi’s proposition, 21 June was set apart as the date to observe International Yoga Day since it denotes the late spring solstice, the longest day of the year in the northern side of the equator, which holds exceptional importance in numerous pieces of the world.
International Yoga Day 2023: Quotes
- Yoga brings you into the current second. The lone spot where life exists.
- The yoga present you keep away from the most you need the most.
- Yoga is a light, which once lit won’t ever diminish. The better your training, the more brilliant your fire.
- Yoga is the dance of each cell with the music of each breath that makes internal tranquility and concordance.
- Yoga is the ideal chance to be interested about what your identity is
- The idea of yoga is to focus the light of mindfulness into the most obscure corners of the body.
- Yoga occurs past the mat, anything you do with regard for how you feel is getting along with yoga.
- Yoga implies expansion. Expansion of energy, strength and magnificence to body, brain and soul.
- Yoga is a mirror to take a gander at ourselves from the inside.
International Yoga Day Slogans
- Yoga is pretty much as old as India.
- Yoga is the Practice that began in India however is rehearsed generally all through!
- Yoga without needing to be paid pays you with sound wellbeing prompting extraordinary abundance!
- Inculcate the propensity for rehearsing yoga in your life!
- Be a piece of International Yoga day to draw an ever increasing number of individuals towards rehearsing Yoga!
- Transcend from the condition of being in the mindset of distress to that of satisfaction with Yoga!
- Discover your internal harmony with Yoga!
- Releasing pressure and outrage by rehearsing Yoga!
- Yoga Improves Immunity by liberating you from poisons!
- Maintain the magnificence of your spirit and body by learning Yoga!
International Yoga Day: Messages & Wishes
- You can’t generally control what goes on outside, be that as it may, you can generally control what goes on inside! Cheerful Yoga Day.
- Yoga resembles music. The cadence of the body, the tune of the brain and the agreement of the spirit make the ensemble of life. Have a glad International Yoga Day!
- Yoga is simply the excursion of the, to oneself, through oneself. Glad World Yoga Day!
- Sun greetings can invigorate and warm you, even on the haziest, coldest winter day. Let this Yoga Day empower your life consistently!
- When you breathe in, you are taking strength from God. At the point when you breathe out, it addresses the assistance you are providing for the world. Wishing you a cheerful International Yoga Day.