Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Death Anniversary: In this article you will definitely get the answer of how an ordinary man became an Iron Man. Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel is such a name that whenever an elder who had seen the freedom movement firsthand, his body is filled with new energy, but a self-guilty arises in the mind, because of that time. Every youth wanted to see Vallabhbhai as the first Prime Minister, but this dream could not come true due to the policy of the British, the decision of Mahatma Gandhi and the stubbornness of Jawaharlal Nehru.
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Biography
Vallabhbhai Patel is known as Iron Man. His fame was not less than a knight. He united the different states of the country trapped in the slavery of 200 years and merged them into India and for this big task, he did not even need military force. This was his biggest fame, which separates him from everyone.
- Birth and death – 31 October 1875 – 15 December 1950
- Birth-Death Place – Nadiad- Bombay
- Age: 75 Years
- Caste – Kurmi caste
- Father– Jhawar Bhai
- Mother – Lad Bai
- Wife’s name – Jhaveerbai
- Brothers Name – Som Bhai, Bitthal Bhai, Narsibhai
- Sister Name – Dahiba
- son – dahyabhai
- Daughter – Maniben
- Where is the idol – Gujarat
- Political Party – Indian National Congress
Early life, birth, age, family, death of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel belonged to a farming family with four sons. Like an ordinary man, he also had some goals in life. He wanted to study, wanted to earn something and by depositing some part of that earning wanted to complete his studies by going to England. In all this, he had to face many difficulties. In the midst of all this lack of money, responsibility of the house, he slowly kept on moving towards his goal. In the early days, the people of the house considered them as incompetent.
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Death: They thought they could not do anything. He completed his matriculation at the age of 22 and studied his advocacy by staying away from his family for many years, for which he had to take loan books. During this, he also did a job and took care of the family. Like an ordinary man, he kept on fighting with life and moving forward, unaware that he is going to be called the Iron Man of the country.
The conscientiousness of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
From a special incident in the life of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, his conscientiousness can be inferred, this incident was when his wife was admitted to the hospital in Bombay. His wife died of cancer, after which he refused for the second marriage and worked hard to give a happy future to his children. Going to England, he completed 36 months of studies in 30 months, at that time he topped the college.
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Death Anniversary: After this, after returning home, he started working as a successful and famous barrister in Ahmedabad. Had come back from England, so his gait had changed. They started wearing suit boots in European style. His dream was to earn a lot of money and give a good future to his children. But destiny had decided their future. Inspired by Gandhi’s ideas, he raised his voice against social evil. Collected people through speech. In this way, despite not being interested, he gradually became a part of active politics.
Contribution of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel in the freedom struggle
• Local work : Sardar Vallabhbhai, a resident of Gujarat, first fought against alcohol, untouchability and atrocities of women in his local areas. He tried hard to maintain Hindu Muslim unity.
• Kheda Movement: In 1917, Mahatma Gandhi Ji asked Vallabhbhai Patel to mobilize the farmers of Kheda and inspire them to raise their voice against the British. In those days only agriculture was the biggest source of income of India, but agriculture has always been dependent on nature. Such was the situation of those days. In 1917, when the crops of the farmers were destroyed due to excessive rain, but still the British rule was yet to be duly done. Seeing this calamity, Vallabhbhai, along with Gandhiji, forced the farmers not to pay taxes and finally the British government had to agree and this was the first major victory which is remembered as the Kheda Movement. He supported Gandhiji in every movement. He and his entire family boycotted English clothes and adopted Khadi.
How did Sardar Patel get the name (Bardoli Satyagraha)
This loud voice leader Vallabhbhai led the Satyagraha in Bardoli. This Satyagraha was done in 1928 against the Simon Commission. In this, the tax increased by the government was opposed and the British Viceroy had to bow down after seeing the farmer brothers. Due to this Bardoli Satyagraha, the name of Vallabhbhai Patel became famous in the whole country and there was a wave of enthusiasm among the people. Due to the success of this movement, people of Bardoli started calling Vallabhbhai Patel as Sardar, after which he started getting fame in the name of Sardar Patel.
Country wide movement from local fight
- Gandhi’s policy of non-violence had influenced him a lot and his actions left an indelible mark on Gandhiji. Therefore, the role of Sardar Patel was important in all the movements for independence like non-cooperation movement, Swaraj movement, Dandi Yatra, Quit India movement. Sardar Patel was the freedom fighter who stood in the eyes of the British.
- In 1923, when Gandhiji was in jail. Then he led the Satyagraha movement in Nagpur. He raised his voice against the closure of the national flag by the British government, for which people gathered from different provinces and took out a front. Due to this front, the British government had to bow down and they released many prisoners from jail.
- His speech power was his biggest strength, due to which he organized the people of the country. Due to their influence, people used to accompany them in one voice.
Important posts before and after independence
His popularity was increasing, he won the city elections continuously and was elected as the President of the Municipal Corporation of Ahmedabad in 1922, 1924 and 1927. In the 1920s, Patel joined the Gujarat Congress, after which he remained the Gujarat Congress President till 1945. In 1932, he was made the President of the Indian National Congress. Everyone in Congress liked him very much. At that time, Gandhiji, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru and Sardar Patel were the main points of the National Congress. After independence, he was elected the Home Minister and Deputy Prime Minister of the country. Although Sardar Patel was the first contender for the Prime Minister, he had every chance of getting the maximum votes of the Congress party, but because of Gandhiji, he kept himself away from this race.
Important work done by Sardar Patel after independence
The country became independent on 15 August 1947, after this independence the condition of the country was very serious. Many people were homeless due to the separation of Pakistan. At that time there was a princely state, each state was like an independent country, which was very important to merge in India. This task was very difficult, after many years of slavery, no king was ready for any kind of subjugation, but Vallabhbhai was sure of everyone, he only forced the princely states for national integration and without any war.
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Death Anniversary: The victory of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel
The princely states were merged into the country. The kings of Jammu and Kashmir, Hyderabad and Junagadh were not ready for this agreement. Military force had to be used against them and eventually these princely states also came to India. Thus, due to the efforts of Vallabhbhai Patel, 560 princely states came to India without bleeding. This task of integrating the princely states into India was completed in just a few months of 1947 independence. Gandhiji said that only Sardar Patel could do this work. From the history of India till today, there was no person like him in the whole world, who has presented such an example of country integration without violence. In those days, his success was discussed in newspapers all over the world. He was compared with great people.
It is said that if Patel had been the Prime Minister, then today problems like Pakistan, China would not have taken such a big form. Patel’s thinking was so mature that he could understand the feelings of the person in front by reading the language of the letter. He alerted Nehru to China many times, but Nehru never listened to him and the result was the war between India and China.
Political Career of Sardar Patel
- In 1917, through a speech in Borsad, he awakened the people and inspired Gandhi to sign a memorandum of understanding in his fight for Swaraj.
- Played an important role in Kheda movement and served people suffering from famine and plague.
- In Bardoli Satyagraha, he inspired people not to pay taxes and won a big victory, from where he got the title of Sardar.
- Supported Gandhiji in the non-cooperation movement. Traveling all over the country, collected people and collected money for the movement.
- Participated in Quit India Movement and went to jail.
- Became the Home Minister and Deputy Prime Minister of the country after independence.
- While in this position, he did the work of uniting the states in the country, which gave him the image of Iron Man.
Difference between Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel and Jawahar Lal Nehru
Both Patel and Nehru were inspired by Gandhi’s ideology, so perhaps they were in one command. Otherwise, there was a difference of ground and sky in the thinking of these two. Where Patel was on the land, he was a brilliant man of simple personality settled in the soil. The same Nehru ji was the Nawab of rich families, away from the ground reality, such a person who just thought and Patel used to show the same work. Be it educational qualification or practical thinking, Patel was far ahead of Nehru in all these. Patel was a big hurdle for Nehru in the Congress.
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Death Anniversary
After the death of Gandhiji in 1948, Patel was deeply traumatized by this and he had a heart attack a few months later, from which he could not recover and left this world on 15 December 1950.
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel National Award
National Honor (sardar patel statue):
In 1991, he was awarded the Bharat Ratna. There are many educational institutions in his name. The airport was also named after him. In the name of Statue of Unity, Sardar Patel’s memorial memorial was started in Gujarat on his birthday in 2013, this memorial is in Narmada district near Bharuch (Gujarat).
From the biography of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, it comes to the fore that a man is not born to be great. After knowing his early life we can say that it was a person like you and me, who wants money and a secure future but progressing on the path of Karma Barrister Vallabhbhai Patel, Sardar Patel, Loh The man became Vallabhbhai Patel. Sardar Patel showed such a form of unity by doing national integration, which no one could even imagine at that time. Due to his work and thinking, his birthday was named ‘National Unity Day’.
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Anmol Vachan, Slogan and Quotes
- Sometimes the goodness of man becomes a hindrance in his path, sometimes anger shows the right path. Anger gives strength to raise voice against injustice.
- The biggest cause of fear is lack of trust.
- Sardar Patel’s definition of non-violence:
- “Those who have the skill to wield a weapon but still keep it in their sheath, in fact, they are the priests of non-violence. If a coward talks about non-violence, he is useless.
- Those who are afraid of trouble are the fun of doing the work in which there is trouble, they are not warriors. We are not afraid of trouble.
- A waste person can destroy the truth, so always be diligent because only hard work can conquer the senses.
- These were some priceless words said by Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel which show us the path of a successful life. The words of a great person are not mere words, they have vastness and depth of experiences which give right direction to human life.
Statue of Unity – National Unity Day
In memory of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, PM Modi ji got the tallest statue of Statue of Unity built in Gujarat, it was ready in just 4 years.
- Name – Statue of Unity
- Foundation Stone Laying – 31 October 2013
- Height – 208 meters (682 feet)
- Budget – ₹3,000 crore (US$438 million)
- Location – A place called Sadhu Bet Gujarat
- Length – (Length)182 meters (597 feet)
- Inauguration – 31 October 2018
Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel F.A.Q
Answer: 31st October
Answer: 15 December 1950
Answer: Vallabhbhai Jhaverbhai Patel