World Migratory Bird Day 2021: Birds, rivers, gusts of wind do not stop them, you must have heard that yes, birds keep moving from one country to another for their life or breeding according to the changing seasons. There is no habit of staying in one place. They live their freedom to the fullest but it is not easy to travel such a long way at the time of migration, so we humans also need to help in their migration. That is why World Migratory Bird Day is celebrated twice a year, recognizing the need for the protection of migratory birds and their habitats.
World migratory bird day
In today’s article, we are going to tell you about why and how World Migratory Bird Day is celebrated and this year’s theme and the history of its beginning, as well as some migrants coming to India. Will also share the names of birds with you.
When is World Migratory Bird Day celebrated?
Twice a year, on the second Saturday of May and October, World Migratory Bird Day (World Migratory Bird Day) is celebrated. This year in 2021, World Migratory Bird Day is being celebrated on 08 May and 09 October.
Why is World Migrant Bird Day celebrated?
The main objective of celebrating World Migratory Bird Day is to create awareness among people about migratory birds and save them. So that they can return to their country safely and then come back according to the season.
Also Read: World Animal Day 2021: Date, History, Celebration, Theme, Events, Quotes And Messages
World Migratory Bird Day History
World Migratory Bird Day was initiated in the year 2006 by the African-Eurasian Waterbird Agreement (AEWA) and the Agreement on the Conservation of Migratory Species of Wildlife (CMS) in collaboration with the Secretariat.
Importance of Migratory Birds
Migratory birds are very beneficial for us and the ecosystem, birds perform important functions like pollination process, seed dispersal and pest control in flowers. It also provides major economic benefits and employment to people like tourism and photography.
How is International Migratory Bird Day celebrated?
- Every year people and dedicated organizations from around the world organize hundreds of public events such as bird festivals, education programs, exhibitions and bird-watching.
- Each year it works with a variety of partners to provide information on birds and bird conservation around the world. Their programs inspire children and adults to go outside, learn about birds, and participate in their conservation.
- Organized by the Secretariat of the Convention on the Conservation of Migratory Species of Wild Fauna and the African-Eurasian Migratory Water Agreement (AEWA), World Migratory Bird Day is an annual, global awareness-raising campaign that highlights the need for conservation of migratory birds and their habitats. Is.
- How can we celebrate International Migratory Bird Day by arranging feed, water and shelter and food for the birds in our garden and make them friendly.
- Or make arrangements for them to rest and feed water on your terrace and you can also attract them by keeping that place out of reach of dog or cat and planting good flowers.
- Some birds eat insects, so it can be managed for them by the fertile soil of your garden.
World Migratory Bird Day 2021 Theme
Theme of World Migratory Bird Day 2021 Every year, World Migratory Bird Day presents an annual theme that aims to raise awareness of issues affecting migratory birds and inspire people and organizations around the world to protect them. .
This year the theme of World Migratory Bird Day 2021 is “Sing, Fly, Soar, Like a Bird”. So last year the theme of World Migratory Bird Day 2020 was “Birds Connect Our World” (the whole world connected through birds).
■ Also Read: World Rivers Day 2021: History, Significance, Theme, FAQ’s, Quotes And Messages | Freshnew.in
This theme underlines that all migratory birds are part of our shared natural heritage. And they depend on their network of migration routes for breeding, feeding and resting.
- Last year’s 2019 theme was “Protect Birds: The Solution to Plastic Pollution!” The negative impact of plastic pollution on migratory birds and their habitats was brought into the limelight.
- Sadly, having feathers doesn’t help birds avoid the danger of plastic.
- So right there the theme of the first Migratory Bird Day: “Migratory birds need our support now !” (“Migratory birds need our support now!”).
FAQ’s related to migratory birds:
- Question. Which are the major migratory birds coming to India?
- Answer. The five major migratory birds that come to India are Siberian Cranes, Amur Falcons, Greater Flamingo, Rosy Pelican and Asian Cuckoo.
- Question. Which is the smallest migratory bird?
- Answer. The hummingbird is the smallest migratory bird and can travel at a speed of 48 kilometers per hour while migrating.
These birds are going to become extinct due to the pollution spreading in the environment. If they are not protected, they will soon end up on earth. That is, their protection is very important.
Credit: Environment for the Americas
In such a situation, on this special occasion of International Migratory Bird Day 2021, we should pay attention to their conservation. And arrangements should be made for their food, drink and rest in the terraces and gardens of their house.
Leave a Reply