Last Updated on 5 July 2023 IST | World Population Day is an annual event, celebrated every year on 11 July to raise awareness on various population issues. World Population Day 2023: In the last few decades, there has been a rapid increase in the population of the whole world and this continuous population growth can give rise to many other problems. Therefore World Population Day is celebrated every year to raise people’s awareness on various population issues like family planning, gender equality, poverty, maternal health and human rights.
According to the United Nations Organization (UNO), in 2011, the global population reached the 7 billion mark, and today, it is around 7.7 billion, and is expected to increase to 8.5 billion in 2030, 9.7 billion in 2050 and 10.9 billion in 2100. is.
Table of Contents
When is World Population Day celebrated?
The decision was taken by the General Assembly of the United Nations to celebrate World Population Day on 11 July every year for the purpose of preventing uncontrolled growing population and creating public awareness. Every year since 1989, it is celebrated with a new theme in countries around the world.
If we take a look at some figures of population growth, then we can understand well. At what speed is it progressing? In the 11th century i.e. about 900-1000 years ago, the total population of the world was around 400 million.
Eight hundred years later, the world’s first census, which was held in 1808, increased to 1 billion. This population tripled in the next 55 years. Which increased to more than 6 billion by the year 2000. In which one billion of us were Indians. If we look at the total fertility rate of the world, then the figures say something else. According to a research, 250 babies are born in a minute. The death rate in one minute is around 110. That is, 4 children are born in a second and half of the people die due to this.
Theme For World Population Day 2023
Every year there is a theme for World Population Day and the theme of World Population Day 2023 amid the pandemic is “A world of 8 billion: Towards a resilient future for all – Harnessing opportunities and ensuring rights and choices for all.”.
Importance of World Population Day
The importance of this day is to make people aware of the problems arising out of the increasing population. For this, the governments of different countries have implemented many programs, which are necessary for the people to follow. The most effective solution to this problem is that we all work together for population control. The current world population is 7.8 billion as calculated in March 2021. If we don’t act on this issue now, we will never be able to control it.
Objectives of World Population Day
With the increasing population every year, the natural resources are not increasing. If our population continues to increase at this pace, then one day there may be a very serious problem of land to live, water to drink and fuel and employment. That’s why all we have a major responsibility.
To adopt better family planning scheme. Population policy and programs of family planning and family welfare are presented every year by the government. We should consider these seriously. The reasons for the rising birth rate include early marriage, and the poverty of the lower class, due to which they are not aware of this coming problem. Apart from this, at least most of the Muslim brothers of India should consider.
Because always the people of this sect are considered to be the reason for the population explosion. In their competition, other communities also increase the population. For the future of a golden India, we all have to come forward and take initiative in this direction.
Facts about World Population Day
- The total population of the world as of today is 8 billion.
- The number of youth under 30 years in India is 43 crores.
- The youth population in China is 22 percent, which is 10 percent less than India.
- If the population increases at this pace, then by the year 2100, the world population will be 12 billion.
- More than half of the world’s population is under 30 years old.
- Facebook has 130 million users, who log in every week.
- If Facebook is considered as a nation, then it would have come at number three after China and India.
- According to an estimate population may stabilize after 2050 due to population related policies.
World Population Day Slogans
- Our earth is over populated, it is in danger to control the population and save the earth
- Earth is the only known planet, be it massive.
- Birth control is a blessing to gain control over the growing population.
- Reduce congestion on earth for a better future
- Big Family Brings Big Problems Too
- Plan your family and protect the planet
- Reduce the burden of the earth by controlling the population.
- Control population to enjoy nature forever
- Rising population is toxic to Earth’s environment
- Overpopulation is the reason for less space and less food.
- Birth control is the only method of population control.
- Population control and saving women’s lives
World Population Day 2023 Quotes
- Population explosion will bring destruction and take everything with it.
- Do not put the burden of increasing population on the earth, do not carry this pretense that you will be saved from its consequences.
- The world has to be woken up to the problem of increasing population, this message of progress has to be spread all over the world
- Do not tell children the gift of God, do not make fun of nature by increasing the population.
- If we do not take measures to control population, then no one will be able to stop the destruction of life on earth.
- Control the population, invite progress. (World Population Day)
- Adopt family planning, make life happy. World Population Day
- Ban the population, show the country by improving it.