World Vegetarian Day is celebrated every year on 1 October all over the world. It is the founding day of the North American Vegetarian Society in 1977 and was endorsed in 1978 by the International Vegetarian Union to “promote the joy, compassion, and life-enhancing possibilities of vegetarianism”, promoting the ethical, environmental, Brings awareness of health and human benefits.
There are mainly two types of food, vegetarian and non-vegetarian. The human body has the ability to digest both types of food. Some people believe that more nutrients are found in non-vegetarian food. But let us tell you that the element which is found in non-vegetarian food by eating meat, in the same way is found in vegetables and vegetables in vegetarian food. Vegetarian food gets digested sooner than non-vegetarian food.
Table of Contents
History of World Vegetarian Day
World Vegetarian Day i.e. World Vegan Day was celebrated for the first time by the UK Vegan Society on 1 October 1977. The Vegan Society was established in the year 1944. On whose 50th anniversary, the President of the Vegan Society announced the celebration of Vegan Day every year with the aim of commemorating the first date of October and promoting vegetarian diet among the people.
One of the reasons for celebrating Vegan Day was discrimination. Because at that time vegans were not allowed to consume dairy products. In protest, he stopped consuming eggs and then in 1951 it became a vegetarian movement. Those who did not take part in the exploitation of animals. Since then, every year on 1 October, awareness campaigns are organized all over the world to encourage vegetarianism.
Theme for World Vegetarian Day 2021
Every year unique themes are designed to help people find a motivational goal for celebrating vegetarian day. The theme for World Vegetarian Day 2021 is not decided yet. The year 2018 contemplated a broader theme and vision for the non-vegans. It said, “time to contemplate what we are eating”.
Benefits of Eating Vegetarian Diet
Vegetarian diet reduces the risk of heart disease and cancer. People who eat pure vegetarian diet are 30% less likely to have heart-related diseases.
- Digestion of vegetarian food is done quickly. It makes you intelligent while keeping your brain alert. In contrast, non-vegetarian food takes at least 36-60 hours to digest.
- Fiber is also high in vegetarian food, which is helpful in digestion.
- People who eat vegetarian food have a much lower risk of high blood pressure. Because the amount of complex carbohydrates in such food is high and along with it the physical fatness is also low.
- Vegetables contain many other essential elements along with proteins, carbohydrates and fats. It also contains elements like vitamins, antioxidants, amino acids, etc., which are helpful in the prevention of deadly diseases like cancer.
- A vegetarian diet includes whole grains, nuts, fruits and vegetables, which provide fiber, antioxidants, vitamins as well as essential minerals.
- Vegetarian diet helps in reducing weight. If you consume a balanced amount of fruits, vegetables, grains and dry fruits 3-4 times a day in a day, then you can reduce your increasing weight in a few days while controlling it.
- It is said that vegetarian diet does not provide the right amount of calories but it is not true. If all the necessary substances are included in the vegetarian diet, then the right amount of calories are also available.
- Although vitamin B12 is found in small amounts in vegetarian diets, there is no evidence of its deficiency in vegetarians. This suggests that vitamin B12 is needed in very small amounts in our body.
Types of Vegetarians
- Vegetarian: This means that you do not eat meat, poultry or fish.
- Lacto-ovo vegetarians: They do not eat poultry or fish but do eat eggs and dairy products.
- Lacto vegetarians: They eat dairy products but not eggs.
- Pescatarians: They eat fish but avoid all other carnivores
There is a big difference between veganism and vegetarianism that people often get confused about.
On the other hand, following a vegan diet means that you do not eat meat, poultry or fish, as well as non-vegetarian products that come from animals such as dairy products, eggs, gelatin or even honey.
Benefits of vegetarianism
- Improve heart health
- Reduced risk of cancer
- Keeps away from type 2 diabetes
- Keeps blood pressure level low
- Strengthens bone
Tips to become a vegetarian
- Decide: First of all, make sure and determine whether you want to become vegetarian or not and to what extent and which types
- Create a Timeline: Start slow and reduce one non-veg item at a time. Start with fried, or processed meats that have little or no nutrition.
- Be determined: Remind yourself of your goals.
- Instead of chicken and mutton, eat things like tofu, tempeh, seitan, textured vegetable protein, jackfruit.
World Vegetarian Day Quotes and Status
- “The one who has a vegetarian diet, he will have the best behavior.”
- “Try not to let any living being die because of you.”
- “Non-vegetarian food destroys wisdom and conscience, vegetarian food fills faith in Rome and Rome.”
- “Adopt vegetarian food, drive away all diseases.”
- “Do not participate in the killing of animals, you should be a vegetarian all your life.”
- What’s inside you, mercy. So become vegetarian.”
- “Perhaps the meat eaters do not know that the price of a chicken or a goat is the same as the cost of a human life.”
World Vegetarian Day Status
- “If you want to become a vegetarian, then start thinking about the benefits of being a vegetarian.”
- “Say with pride that I am a vegetarian, not a trader of killing animals.”
- “Humanity is dying slowly, only then man is killing and eating the animal.”
- “Let’s see, who can give proof of being a human being, remember that only animal kills and eats animal.”