Who does not enjoy sports, that means everyone comes, but do you know that we celebrate National Sports Day 2021 to maintain this enthusiasm. In today’s article we will tell you when is National Sports Day, National Sports Day in Hindi, Why National Sports Day is celebrated, Will tell about the history of National Sports Day.
The birthday of the God of Hockey, Major Dhyan Chand, is celebrated as National Sports Day 2021. This year, National Sports Day 2021 becomes more important because India won the gold medal after a long gap in the recent Tokyo Olympics. Has received. On the occasion of National Sports Day, players are honored with various types of awards like Arjuna Award, Dronacharya Award, Gandhi Khel Ratna. We will know about when the National Sports Day is celebrated in the article below. Let us know when is the National Sports Day in 2021 and how will it be celebrated, if you also want to know about National Sports Day in Hindi, then definitely read this article till the end.
When is National Sports Day 2021
This time in 2021, the National Sports Day will be celebrated on Monday, 29 August, as before. National Sports Day is celebrated with great pomp in schools, schools, universities, big coaching institutes and through this the youth are made aware of the importance of sports in life. This year in the year 2021, National Sports Day is going to be celebrated very effectively because this time India has created a glorious history in the Tokyo Olympics.
Why is National Sports Day Celebrated?
National Sports Day is celebrated on the occasion of the birth anniversary of Major Dhyan Chandra, the magician of hockey. National Sports Day was started from 29 August 2012 i.e. National Sports Day was celebrated for the first time on 29 August 2012, since then it has continued till date.
Major Dhyan Chandra was born on 29 August 1905 in Allahabad (currently renamed as Prayagraj) district of Uttar Pradesh. This was the auspicious day when the world mainly India got a young hockey player who has illuminated the name of India along with his own in the field of hockey with his amazing talents. He led the Indian hockey team from the year 1926 and continuously made India proud with 3 Olympic gold medals.
When these hockey players used to enter the playground, people used to keep watching their hockey and ball coordination. Many times the players also accuse him that their hockey is made from some special material. But all this was nothing more than a lie. The main objective of celebrating National Sports Day is to increase the enthusiasm and awareness of sports among the youth, so that on the occasion of National Sports Day 2021, they understand the importance of sports and come out in the future.
How is National Sports Day Celebrated?
Organized on the occasion of the birthday of Major Dhyanchand, the National Sports Day program is organized in primary schools, in coaching institutes in big universities and in sports academy. Although National Sports Day is celebrated all over India, in some states like Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, National Sports Day is celebrated in a very exciting way. On this day, sports activities are organized in schools and tournaments of football, basketball, cricket, kabaddi, hockey are organized.
As you all must know that the national sport of India is hockey, but cricket is at the forefront of popularity, so on the occasion of National Sports Day, cricket is organized in almost all small to big institutions and in these sports competitions. Students are encouraged by presenting them with various prizes.
On the occasion of National Sports Day, many programs are organized at the national level and eminent players in various sports are invited and they are honored with India’s popular national awards like Arjuna Award, Dronacharya Award, Dhyanchand Award etc.
About Major Dhyan Chand on National Sports Day
Major Dhyanchand is known as the magician of hockey because of his amazing talents in the field of hockey. Along with this, he is also known as hockey wizard, he has represented India in the Olympic games in the field of hockey. Amit has created glorious history. Impressed by his amazing talents, the Government of India honored him with the Padma Bhushan Award, in 1948, he retired from playing hockey. The stamp was officially issued by the Indian Postal Department on the death of Major Dhyan Chand in 1979, after which the National Stadium Delhi was renamed after Major Dhyan Chand.
F.A.Q About National Sports Day
Ans- National Sports Day is celebrated on 29 August every year.
Ans-National Sports Day is celebrated on the occasion of the birthday of Major Dhyan Chand, who is called the magician of hockey.
Ans- National Sports Day was organized for the first time on 29 August 2012, since then National Sports Day has been celebrated.
Ans- Major Dhyan Chand was awarded the Padma Bhushan award by the Government of India for his special contribution in the field of hockey.
About National Sports Day
Friends, in today’s article, we have learned in detail about National Sports Day 2021, as well as we have told you about when National Sports Day is celebrated, why National Sports Day is celebrated and how National Sports Day is celebrated. Told also. Hope you liked this article on National Sports Day 2021 in English.
National Sports Day 2021 Quotes in English
If you have any kind of query related to National Sports Day 2021 or you want to give any feedback, then you can give it in the comment section. Friends, do share this article National Sports Day 2021 with your friends and Family.
- “If I, being a mother of two, can win a medal, so can you all. Take me as an example and don`t give up.” – Mary Kom
- “Your dreams are what define your individuality. They have the power to give you wings and make you fly high.” – PV Sindhu
- “When people throw stones at you, you turn them into milestones.” – Sachin Tendulkar
- “Don’t be afraid of failure. This is the way to succeed.”- LeBron James
- “You dream. You plan. You reach. There will be obstacles. There will be doubters. There will be mistakes. But with hard work, with belief, with confidence and trust in yourself and those around you, there are no limits.” – Michael Phelps
- “Just believe in yourself. Even if you don’t pretend that you do and, and some point, you will.” – Venus Williams
- “Champions keep playing until they get it right.”- Billie Jean King
- “The only person who can stop you from reaching your goals is you.”- Jackie Joyner-Kersee
- “I always felt that my greatest asset was not my physical ability, it was my mental ability.”- Bruce Jenner
- “There may be people that have more talent than you, but there’s no excuse for anyone to work harder than you do.” – Derek Jeter
- “If I have a reason to do something, and I have enough passion, I generally succeed.” – Leander Paes
- “The harder the battle, the sweeter the victory.” – Les Brown
- “Never say never because limits, like fears, are often just an illusion.” – Michael Jordan
- “An athlete cannot run with money in his pockets. He must run with hope in his heart and dreams in his head.”- Emil Zatopek
- “Never give up, never give in, and when the upper hand is ours, may we have the ability to handle the win with the dignity that we absorbed the loss.”- Doug Williams