World Pharmacist Day 2021: Pharmacists are always ready for the welfare of the people. Today World Pharmacist Day is being celebrated all over the world. This day is dedicated to pharmacists around the world. Along with doctors, pharmacists also play a big role in our staying healthy and living a happy life. Pharmacist is also called chemist, it is a person who has complete knowledge about medicines.
Today, this International or World Pharmacist Day (Word Pharmacist Day 2021) is being celebrated all over the world dedicated to the same pharmacists. By celebrating this day, we give this message to all those pharmacists that how important they are for us.
World Pharmacist Day 25 September 2021
Now why, when and how is World Pharmacist Day celebrated? And this year let us know about the theme of World Pharmacist Day 2021 and also try to understand what is their importance in our life.
When and why is World Pharmacist Day celebrated?
Since 2009, every year on 25 September, this day dedicated to pharmacists who play an important role in the health sector, is celebrated as World Pharmacist Day to honor them and highlight their contributions. This year we are going to celebrate 10th World Pharmacist Day.
- It was started 11 years ago in the year 2009 by the International Pharmaceutical Federation (FIP) in Istanbul (Turkey). FIP was formed on 25 September in the year 1912.
- And the date of 25 September was chosen for International Pharmacist Day because this day was the foundation day of International Pharmaceutical Federation (FIP).
- Since then every year FIP members participate in the World Pharmacist Day to raise awareness about the activities of pharmacists.
Importance of World Pharmacist Day
Pharmacist plays an important role in the Health Department. They play an important role in improving the health department and improving them. Today we are healthy, behind this, pharmacists also have an important contribution. That is why there should be a special day to honor this special contribution all over the world. Coming to the most recent example, pharmacists around the world are working tirelessly to stop the spread of Coronavirus/Covid-19.
As soon as you hear the name of pharmacist or chemist, then the person giving you medicine at a shop comes to mind. Those who are usually seen standing and are able to work like this for a long time. They do not have time to sit as much as doctors. Pharmacists not only give advice about medicines, but at the same time they also do the work of distributing medicines and vaccinations.
- Along with this, they also train, discover and research new medicines, so they are also considered as medicine experts. At the same time, the work of ensuring whether a medicine is safe and effective is also on their shoulders.
- Not only this, they should also be aware of all types of medicines which include tablets, capsules, drops, inhalers, liquids and injections. In addition, a qualified pharmacist should be aware of how different medicines react with each other.
History of World Pharmacist Day
Federation (FIP), the global federation of national associations of pharmacists and pharmaceutical scientists, came into existence on September 25, 1912. The FIP Council in Istanbul, Turkey, in 2009 suggested to observe the Pharmacist Day on September 25 because on this day FIP came into existence. Hence, we celebrate World Pharmacist Day on September 25.
How is World Pharmacist Day celebrated?
On this International Pharmacist Day, the people of Pharmacy Council of India also take part enthusiastically. Along with PCI, World Pharmacist Day is celebrated with great pomp in many pharmacy colleges of the country.
If you want to celebrate World Pharmacist Day, then you can thank your local pharmacist for all the work he has done for this. Also you can share your special day on social media with #WorldPharmacistDay.
World Pharmacist Day Theme 2021
Every year Pharmacist Day is celebrated with a special theme and this theme is decided by the International Pharmaceutical Federation. This year the theme of World Pharmacist Day 2021 is ‘Pharmacy: Always trusted for your health‘.
Last year the theme of World Pharmacist Day 2020 is “Transforming global health” It can be called “Transforming global health” in Hindi. This theme is a chance to tell how pharmacists are transforming health through various health services. Last year 2019 the theme of World Pharmacist Day was “Safe and effective medicines for all” and in Hindi you can call it “Safe and effective medicines for all”. Prior to this the theme of the year 2018 was “From Study to Health Care: Your Pharmacist at Your Service”.
Some questions related to Pharmacist and Pharmacy What is meant by Pharmacist?
Pharmacist is called a person who has complete knowledge about medicines, they are also considered as medicine specialist. To become a pharmacist, one has to have a degree in the pharmacy field. For which 6-8 years have to be spent in college (in doing D.Pharma, B.Pharm and M.Pharma etc.).
Functions of Pharmacist
It includes tasks such as manufacturing pharmaceutical products, developing pharmaceutical production methods, and quality control. Pharmacists can work in private or government institutions, dispensaries and medical stores, etc. associated with drug manufacturing companies. Pharmacists also do the work of delivery of medicines prescribed by doctors. Pharmacists can also work as Medical Representatives.
Who is the most famous pharmacist?
The famous pharmacist Alexander Flemming revolutionized the world with his discovery of penicillin in 1928. Also one of the popular drinks, Coca-Cola, was discovered by trained pharmacist John Pemberton. Not only this, many other inventions like Pepsi, Black Pepper and Ginger Ale have been given by pharmacists only.
Who is called the father of pharmacy in India?
Mahadev Lal Shroff is considered the father of Indian pharmacy for his contribution in the field of pharmacy. He was among the first to offer a 3-year course in Pharmacy at the Banaras Hindu University.
World Pharmacist Day Quotes in English
- Cannot imagine patients without doctors and medicines without a pharmacist
- Water, air, and cleanness are the chief articles in my pharmacy.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
- I also became interested in chemistry and gradually accumulated enough test tubes and other glassware to do chemical experiments, using small quantities of chemicals purchased from a pharmacy supply house.” – Sydney Brenner
- The marvelous pharmacy that was designed by nature and placed into our being by the universal architect produces most of the medicines we need.” – Norman Cousins
- Bags and boxes of the iconic confections begin filling pharmacy shelves in early January each year, replacing what’s left of the season’s marked-down Christmas candy.” – Deborah A. Levine
- Pharmacists have and will continue to affect in positive ways our nation’s health care system and lead from many types of positions and in many practice settings.” – Paul W. Abramowitz
- You can’t go to the pharmacy to buy a pack of experience, you have to be in those games in order to acquire that experience.” – Bob Hartley
- If you need a prescription drug, you may be able to find it at your local pharmacy, or a less expensive generic version may be available.” – Amanda Walker
- I think that the practice of medicine, the science of it, has become 50% pharmacological so that doctors are like walking pharmacies.” – Caroline Myss
10. “The best and most efficient pharmacy is within your own system.” – Robert Peale
last word on World Pharmacist Day
The basic formula of our and your healthy life is Doctors as well as Pharmacists. That is why we should respect pharmacists as well as doctors and celebrate World Pharmacist Day 2021 with enthusiasm and respect. Here we have tried to give information about Pharmacist and Pharmacy. If you liked this information about this World Pharmacist Day being celebrated on 25 September, then definitely share it on WhatsApp and Facebook also.